Sunday 21 April 2013

Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder

With the flash of a camera on a night out, there is nothing I hate more than having shiny skin. My oily/combination skin has always been a nightmare but fortunately a good powder can solve all my shine problems and keep me looking dewy. Surely that isn't too much to ask? Wrong. Finding a good pressed powder has become the bane of my life and has cost me a fortune which is why I am so surprised that what seems to be my holy grail product comes from a budget brand and has been hovering under my nose for so long.Since discovering Rimmel's Stay Matte Pressed Powder a few months ago it has become a staple in my make-up bag. It is one of only a few product that I repurchase religiously and that I never seem to become disappointed with.

The packaging is simple and sturdy, and there is a decent amount of product in the container at 14g per pot. The small plastic lid a sturdy plastic base seem to be enough to keep the product intact in my make-up bag although I imagine of you left this product to lie loose in your bag it would be prone to breaking. The ingredients are printed on the back, along with a claim that the product will minimize pores and help keep you shine free for up to five hours.
 I have the powder in the shade 001 transparent. I wouldn't agree that the powder is totally transparent as it does leave traces of colour behind, but it doesn't look orange on my overly pale skin which is huge bonus for a well priced high street product. I tend to use a powder puff to press the product lightly all over my face, paying particular attention to my forehead and nose, and then use a powder brush to blend it in and distribute the powder evenly. Using a powder puff to apply also prevents the application of the powder from disturbing the foundation, concealer and cream blusher on underneath. In terms of wear time I find this can last anywhere from 2 hours in hot, sticky and humid conditions to 8 hours in colder calmer conditions, so the brand estimate of 5 hours I think is acceptable. I use this product every day and I usually repurchase every 3-4 weeks but I am do use a lot of it compared to others so I imagine it would last someone with a lighter hand much longer. The powder adds a beautiful sheen to the skin, my skin looks matte but not un-naturally so. It still manages to keep some small amount of dewiness that softens the look of the face, something other night street brands struggle to capture. All in all, for me this is a must have. The powder is finely milled, doesn't look cakes and best of all it is a friendly price for my already over stretched student budget.
Stay Matte Pressed Powder, Boots ,  £3.99

1 comment:

  1. This is the powder I use, have for years. I have it in warm beige, love it!

    ReplyDelete