Sunday 22 September 2013

The Autumn Tag

Seeing as it's the start of my favourite season I thought I'd do a tag about Autumn. :)

For Autumn, what is your..

1) Favourite thing about the season?

Autumn is one of my favourite times of year. I love the leaves changing colour, the chill in the air, coming home and warming up with a hot drink and getting new scarves, hates, gloves and coats. The best part is getting ready for Christmas, buying presents and seeing everything really beautifully decorated. I also really love the darker evenings. There is something really calming about coming home at six or seven in the evening when it's dark and getting a hot drink, a cosy blanket and chilling on the couch watching movies or TV.


2) Favourite drink?

My favourite hot drink would have to be tea, it's so comforting and warming. My favourite juice would have to be freshly squeezed apple juice with cinnamon and my favourite alcoholic drink would have to be rekorderlig cider.


3) Favourite food?

Soup! Chunky vegetable, carrot and coriander, potato and leek... Super healthy, full of vitamins and comforting.


4) Favourite scent/fragrance?

My favourite perfume would have to be Naughty Alice by Vivienne Westwood or Hugo Boss Orange. I also love cinnamon scented candles.


5) Favourite lipstick?

Berry and plum coloured lips are brilliant for the Autumn month. I have Kate Moss 107, Revlon Lip Balm Stain in Cherish, Revlon Lip Butter in Berry Smoothie and Carmex Sheer Tint in Plum. They all are really long lasting deep, bold shades. I have my eyes on a few others though; Revlon Lips butters in Red Velvet and Candy Apple and MAC Rebel.


6) Favourite eye colour?

Anything dark, there is something really enticing about deep brown, copper and pomegranate coloured eyes this time of year.


7) Favourite item of skincare?

A good lip balm never goes a miss!! I love anything by carmex, I apply the original at night before I go to bed and a carmex lip balm during the day to keep my lips smooth and prevent them from chapping and flaking. I also keep a rich night cream on my bed side table. As I have oily skin I don't like wearing a heavy moisturiser during the day as it means my make-up fades much faster so applying one at night keeps my skin smooth and hydrated.

8) Favourite wardrobe update/outfit?

I've planned a few purchases for when my comes through. I got a pair of thermal leggings a few weeks ago and they have been keeping me much warmer than my usual tights. I got them from M&S for £15 and they really have been worth the money. I think they will look brilliant with a pair of black ankle boots and help keep me a bit warmer (I really think I must be cold blooded..). I'm also looking out for a few dark coloured plain skater dresses and skirts to have as flattering basics in my wardrobe. Oh and a nice winter coat. And some scarves. And jumpers. And anything floral. And slippers. I may not be eating this term..

9) Favourite band/musician?

Recently I've been loving The Band Perry, perfect for sticking my head phones in and going for a long walk.


10) Favourite place to be?

There is a national trust property near my house called Castleward and it might be my favourite thing about home. The grounds are really stunning and diverse, there's woodland walks, landscaped gardens, a beautiful big pond and it runs down along the dramatic coast line. It's beautiful all year round but it's stunning in autumn when the leaves start to fall and it's a bit colder. I also like chilling out on the couch with a huge blanket, a mug of tea and a good book or TV series.

11) Favourite TV series?

I have quite a few that start back over the winter months. Downton Abbey is back on ITV1 on Sunday night at 9, I only started watching this recently but I've become addicted. However, my most anticipated has to be American Horror Story. There have been two seasons so far: Murder House and Asylum, which were brilliant. They're so dark and twisted, but not scary in the traditional sense. The new series, Coven, starts on October 9th and I honestly can't wait.


No comments:

Post a Comment