Sunday 22 September 2013

Pre-Student Loan Haulin'

I really didn't think I had bought that much until I gathered everything together. As I'm back to University next week I decided to treat myself to a few bits and pieces, nothing is going to numb the pain of a 9am lecture but if I'm going to have to get up then I'd rather do it in a floral scarf with groomed brows and pomegranate eyes. Anyway, here's what I've picked up..



 Batiste Tropical - I couldn't be without this, my hair takes an age to dry so if I don't have time to wash it a quick spray of this and I could fool anybody. This smells like coconut and it is divine.

Maybelline Brow Drama in 'Medium Brown' - I only picked this up because it was the same price as the item I'd gone into boots for and I really can't resist a buy-one-get-one-half-price offer. I'd never heard of this but anything promising neat, groomed brows is a winner in my book.

Maybelline Colour Tattoo in 'Metallic Pomegranate' - This has been on my wishlist for ages and I only got round to buying it today. I've only swatched it so far and it is enchanting! This will be a versatile product as it can be worn on its on, as an eyeliner or layered with some eye shadow.


Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer in 'Fair' - This has been a staple in my make-up bag for well over a year now. Pale enough for my fair skin, great coverage and it lasts all day. Oh, and the best part? It's only £4.19.

Nivea Express Hydration Primer for sensitive/dry skin - I'd heard great reviews on this and thought it was worth a go. It combines moisturising and priming before applying make-up and I will do anything for a few extra minutes in bed.



Nivea Rich Regenerating Night Cream - I've been trying to avoid facial moisturisers that contain mineral oils to see if my skin improves any and I've heard good things about this. And it was offer...

Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder - I always carry this in my bag, cheap and it works as well as some higher end brands.

Floral A4 Project Book - I wandered into Sainsbury's for some pens and came out with this little beauty. Project notebooks are brilliant for splitting up different modules and keeping your work organised. And it floral. And Half price. Can't complain.

Marks and Spencer's Underwear - Really comfortable, pretty and not a bad price. These are £5 each or 3 for £10. I chose the wide lace trim Brazilian in white, back and nude to start with but I think I'll be back for more colours and styles.


Black Floral Scarf - I really love this. It will go with so much in my wardrobe and add some detail to an otherwise plain outfit, as well as covering any lumps and bumps around my stomach and keeping me warm. And it's floral... And I do like my florals.

Bed Socks - I am addicted to these. I got this set of three for £3 in Dunnes Stores (NI & ROI) because they are so cosy and cute. They're really soft and perfect for wearing on colder nights for a bit of extra warmth, I'm regretting not buying a second pack for taking back over to Uni with me because these are an absolute bargain.

Orla xo

No comments:

Post a Comment